Extension of School Premises
On September 14th, 2015, in concurrence with the beginning of Scholastic Year 2015-2016, the students and parents of Lonati Anglo-American School were presented with new additions to the school building complex – a total area of 5,000 sq. meters, 3,000 of which are equipped with under-floor heating.
The extension includes:
- Entrance Hall This spacious, three-story hub provides easy access to all parts of the school, including the administrative area, with its new parent-teacher conference rooms, a stairway leading to elementary classrooms, a corridor branching off to Early Years classrooms, and a direct passageway linked to the new areas of the complex;
- Auditorium The 187-seat auditorium contains a stage with connected changing rooms for support of student-based performances. As a multi-functional space, it will also be used for parent meetings, teachers in-service training, and lectures and seminars organised by the school;
- Library The heart of the school, the LAAS library contains several thousand books and various study spaces for didactic activities, research and reading. Featuring a flexible and multi-functional open-space plan, the library can be simultaneously used for a number of activities thanks to the versatile setting of its furnishings. Apart from the spaces on the ground floor, there is also a spacious elevated loft area which will serve as an overlook during examinations or other activities requiring privacy and supervision;
- Gymnasium Completely equipped for all aspects of sport, this 320-sq. meter space includes changing and restroom facilities as well as a raised loft for spectators;
- School Cafeteria Capable of handling over 100 hungry diners at once, the school cafeteria is equipped with a full kitchen and annexed larder;
- Refectory This area serves exclusively as a dining room for Early Years students and includes child-size, age-appropriate tables and chairs;
- “The Winter Garden” Showcased within the center of the new extension, this 170-sq. meter area offers ample space for both recreational play and collective activities. Suitable for after-lunch playtime, the Winter Garden provides students room to actively enjoy themselves during winter months and rainy days inside;
- New Classrooms Large, spacious and well-lit, the new classrooms serve the needs of both Early Years and elementary students. Large wall-size glass windows overlook the external green area. These flexible and versatile learning spaces offer room for a variety of activities;
- Restrooms and Changing Rooms A total of 21 restrooms are accessible to all within the school, including the physically impaired. A wheelchair ramp and modified changing and dressing rooms are part of the 3,000-sq. meter facility;
- External Area This special space has been carefully equipped and set up for the possibility of carrying out didactic activities even outside of the classrooms.